Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Travel stories from India

As we have wandered around various places of India, we have gathered many experiences and come across many stories from the local people. I thought of getting them recorded before they fade into my memory. I color the experiences and stories heard with a little of my imagination and some readings from the Internet and other sources. I retell the stories in my own way.

The stories gathered from the local people often involve myths and the Indian gods. Though Hindu religion is based on profound philosophy, Hindu mythology gives a human touch to its gods. They are sometimes angry, sometimes playful, sometimes they play nasty tricks and sometimes, we cannot but let smiles cross across our lips when we read about them. Some of my stories involve such mythological characters, and I try to present the stories in a lighter tone, without any disrespect intended.

I shall publish the stories in slow progression, as and when I remember one. Hope you will enjoy.

  1. The Ethereal Ghost of Har-ki-Dun  
  2. How Ravana was deceived by the Deva
  3. The forgotten Railway of Kundala valley
  4. The story of Brahmani Devi
  5. The Gwalior Light Railway 
  6. Mahishasura: The story of a vanquished king  
  7. The oldest mosque of Viyayapura (Bijapur)
  8. The ghost of Chilika
  9. A temple for Duryodhan



No comments:

Post a Comment